Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, December 9, 2013

My Son's Spicy Spinach Quinoa Salad

Tonight I was treated to a delicious salad that my 23 year old son created. I think you will be impressed.  He fashioned this salad after one that he enjoyed at Sweetgreen restaurant.

Spicy Spinach Chicken Quinoa Salad 
with Carrot Garlic Dressing
(makes 2 large salads)

4 - 5 oz fresh spinach
2 cups shredded kale or 1 cup kale chips
2 cups broccoli pieces
1 cup cooked, spiced quinoa (below)
1 cup baked chicken breast pieces (below)
1/2 raw beet grated

Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with Carrot Garlic Dressing (below). Enjoy!

Spiced Quinoa
Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups water with 1/4 tsp chili powder, garlic powder and paprika.
Cool slightly before tossing in salad.

Baked Chicken
Sprinkle coconut oil, garlic powder, paprika and salt on chicken and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into pieces before adding to salad.

Carrot Garlic Dressing
1/4 carrot juice
1/2 cup oil mix (7 tbps. olive oil, 1 tbsp. sesame oil)
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 Tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
1 tsp salt
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed

Mix all together in a shaker bottle.  Add to salad to taste.

Let me know what you think and I'll pass your comments on to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.