Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Promise of Healing

For me, my faith in God is the underlying strength, direction and joy of my life's journey.  I delight in God's care for me and have seen His daily miracles in my life.

I have no doubt that it was God's grace that allowed me to respond to my sister's invitation to try the master cleanse and later to begin drinking green smoothies and eating a healthier diet. I had been begging Him for help to put food in its proper place and remove it as an idol from my life.  An idol?  Well, when my day revolved around what I was going to eat next, and I spent massive amounts of time thinking about food, dieting, or my health (or lack of it), then I really do believe food  had become an idol.  Instead of turning to God for love, comfort, or direction, I was turning to the refrigerator.  I felt out of control, not empowered to live life fully and serve others.


I have experienced God's grace and truth in some very tangible ways over the last three years as I've journeyed toward a more vibrant, healthy life.  Once source of grace has been a book of daily reflections titled Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.

August 20 had this reflection which really spoke to me: "I am a God who heals.  I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships. My very Presence has immense healing powers." 

I was struck by the compassion and strength of these words.  I have experienced healing in all of these areas, sometimes through prayer, other times through friends or someone at my church.  I believe that God has given us healing agents through His creation, specifically through the plants and the essential oils distilled from these plants.  I have often been heard to say that Young Living's products were "an answer to a prayer I didn't even know to pray". 

Today might be a great day to bring your concerns, your health challenges and other broken places to God and ask Him to lead you to healing.  I believe He will speak to you and guide you to a place of vibrant health and the fullness of joy.

Have you found a spiritual resource that has been helpful on your journey?  I'd love for you to share it with us, so leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.