Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Master Cleanse

As I mentioned yesterday, I had gotten to the point of being willing to try anything to change the unhealthy patterns in my life and to become healthier.  My younger sister shared that she had been doing a cleanse and it was giving her more energy, a sense of purpose and she was eliminating cravings for unhealthy foods and experiencing a desire for more fruits and vegetables.  I was intrigued and decided to jump right in.

So after stuffing myself on Thanksgiving day, I started the Master Cleanse on black Friday.  This cleanse involves drinking 6-10 glasses of "lemonade" a day and giving the digestive system a rest from all solid foods.  The body then begins to take the extra energy that is not being used on digestion (usually 80% of our energy) and uses it for cleansing, healing, detoxifying and other activities that it often does not have time for when we are eating the typical American diet of processed foods, chemical additives, heavy meats, lots of sweets and other blood sugar raising foods.

You may be interested in checking out the Master Cleanse.  It was created by Stanley Burroughs and published in 1976.  I found a website that was extremely valuable for me and answered many of my questions, as well as having a forum with hundreds of conversations about the cleanse.  It was created by Peter Glickman and is http://themastercleanse.com/.  He also wrote a book, Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days that I enjoyed.

I did the cleanse for 10 days and experienced days with detox symptoms (headache, aching neck and back) and occasionally had the desire to chew something, but overall I was surprised how easy the Master Cleanse was.  After 10 days, I did have more energy, felt emotionally grounded and spiritually uplifted, and was ready to turn to a better diet. 

My journey had begun and I was experiencing success.  Next I would make a dietary change that would revolutionize my health.

What have you done to turn your health around?  Do you have a resource you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.