Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Is God a genie?

How often do I try to tell God what to do for me? I pray for a particular need, in a particular way and expect Him to respond in the way I think is best. I guess at that point I am treating God like He is a genie and I am rubbing the bottle.

I find it difficult to remember that God only gives love and that when a hardship comes my way, be it relational, financial or personal growth, God is truly desiring what it best for me. I may think I know what is best, but let's face it, I'm just a kid! My understanding, my perspective, my knowledge, my maturity are all lacking.

Isn't it better for me to put myself into His hands, praying that "His will be done", as it says in the Our Father, and then listening carefully for the promptings of His Spirit to direct my steps. As I've said before, I am only holding one piece of a much larger puzzle and I may need to wait with patience to see how that piece fits into the whole.

The Christian life is a wild, exciting, unpredictable journey that can be full of joy and peace. I find that I lose my joy and peace when I slide into the driver's seat and attempt to chart my own course. The remedy is to slide back over to the passenger side seat and trust my daddy that He knows how to drive, where to drive and who He is driving, His precious child.

I am guessing this is a universal struggle. Do you ever treat God like a genie?

3 comments:

  1. I love your comment "I'm just a kid." We get so involved being the "adults" of this world we forget that in reality we are just kids who have Someone watching over us that does have the big picture in mind and knows exactly what we need. Thanks for the visual - made my day! In all the hub bub of celebrating my dad and husband and a friend's father's day I forgot to thank my Heavenly Father for being the best daddy in the world - oh, universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about my own life and how often I just have to walk in faith not knowing what is around the corner. While I know I have to avoid trying to control everything, I also need to remember that God wants to answer my needs. Knock, ask, seek. He wants to give us joy. He is our daddy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.