Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Recipes for Natural Cleaners


Getting toxins out of my home is a priority for me. My grandsons are visiting this week and I can be completely comfortable knowing that there is nothing they can get into that could harm them. They can get into my cupboards, suck on my dish rag, or even help me dust, wash dishes or clean windows and they will not be harmed in any way.

We've discussed this before, but most cleaning products contain harmful agents such as bleach, propylene glycol, sulfates or triclosan (which was just banned in Minnesota) to name just a few. I have eliminated anything toxic from my home and now use products made from essential oils from Young Living, some homemade remedies and some cleaning cloths that are used with just water.

Young Living provides a cleaner that uses their proprietary oil blend called Thieves, which is highly antibacterial. The cleaner is safe enough to gargle with (I've done this before) and it smells like Christmas with cinnamon bark, cloves and other ingredients. I also put 8-10 drops of Purification oil blend into a 2 oz. glass spray bottle with water and that becomes my air purifier. I diffuse lemon, pine, or any other essential oil into the air and it cleans the air and me, through my breathing it in.

I have found several other blogs or websites with great resources for making homemade cleaners. One site is Women for a Healthy Environment with some free recipes for homemade cleaners using vinegar, baking soda, washing soap and essential oils. Wellness Mama is another site with some great resources and recipes for natural glass cleaner and more. Check these out.

I had a Norwex demonstration at my house last night and am still excited by the idea of using microfiber cloths with silver imbedded to clean using only water. Not only will this save money, but it is making cleaning fun for me. I've had a few cloths to try out before the party and I am impressed at how they work, wiping up just about anything, including oil, and leaving no film or residue behind. 
I now have a vegetable scrubbing cloth, an optical cloth for my glasses, computer and phone screens, and their enzyme based laundry soap - toxin free. The dusting mitt grabs dust without pushing it around or creating a sticky surface that will then attract dust. (Note: I will be closing out my orders by tomorrow night, so let me know if you want to try anything. Want to host a party with Suzanne and earn some free things? I'm happy to connect you.)

Congratulations to Cat Sim for winning the May promotion of a free Lemon oil for commenting on the blog in May. The winning entry was #20.

Cat SimMay 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Looks yummy. I love breakfast omelets for dinner. Thanks for reminding me how much I enjoy a nice cooked egg!

Cat Sim, as you know, lemon oil is great for cleaning and smells wonderful. Enjoy!

What are your favorite natural cleaning discoveries? Do share!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the Norwex products and Suzanne did such a great job teaching us about the chemicals that are so often used for cleaning. Who would want to use all that when Lemon Oil smells so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.