Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Find Your Motivation

Sometimes on this journey to better health, we need to be reminded of our motivation.  Making changes to my diet, routine, mindset, can all be hard work. I might find myself feeling discouraged, disgusted or just wanting to go back to what seems comfortable.

Spending three weeks in Louisiana with my oldest son, his wife and my two grandsons, helps me to refocus my attention on what is most important to me and why I want to be healthier. Suddenly, healthy choices seem easier.

I do understand that we are all going to die.  No matter how many healthy choices I make, there is no escaping this reality. Yet, I can choose whether I want to spend a lot of time in hospitals, sitting on the couch or heavily medicated, or whether I want to be able to have adventures with my family and make a difference in my community.

I truly believe that God wants His children to know that He loves them and that He desires each of us to be whole, to have life and live it to the full.  Scripture is filled with these promises.

So why do you want to be healthier?  What do you have to live for?  What would you do if you were not tired, achy, sick? Identify your motivation and then choose one small step to implement consistently over the next week to get you closer to that goal.  It is an exciting journey!  Thanks for walking it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.