Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Gift of New Life

Today was an exciting day as we celebrated the baptism of my grandson, Philip, and his reception into the Catholic Church.  While he may not understand what happened to him, the grace that is available to him from a loving God, and to all of us, is truly amazing.  

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

Jesus also states in John 10:10, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."


God wants us to experience abundant life; a life of joy, peace, passion, service, love, and so much more.  

I am sure Philip will experience hardship and suffering at times, but today is a day that reminds us that God is always with us.  His Holy Spirit will embrace us, lead us, inspire us, renew us and heal us.  We can trust in Him and know He will always give love.  He will turn ever painful event into a blessing for our lives.  

I am personally learning more about trust and dependence.  As I transition from a full-time job with benefits to a home business sharing health and wellness and God's abundance with others, I am invited by my heavenly Father to start each day placing myself and my business in His care.  I strive to have His mind, to seek the divine appointments He has for me, to show compassion and concern for all who call or contact me with needs.  

I am challenged often to slide out of the driver's seat into the passenger's seat and relax my hold on the wheel, my anxious planning, my independence and self-reliance.  I am reminded to live in the present moment, preparing for the future without living there and looking at the past for lessons, without getting stuck there.  Today, being conscious of His Presence in the present, I can speak gratitude for everything that happens (even if I don't understand how it can be for my good), maintain a positive outlook, pray for those who are struggling, and place myself into the hands of a God who loved me so much that He gave everything for me.  

May you experience the love of a God who is crazy about you and wants to bless you abundantly today.  I pray you can receive His Love and relax in His Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.