Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Is Gluten Good For the Gut?

This week I am listening to several interviews that have been available free online through the Gluten Summit (www.glutensummit.com).  I have been so inspired and am learning quite a lot. Fascinating information!  (The Summit continues until November 18).


As I listened to many of the these talks, a light bulb began to brighten.  While I have been eating a whole food diet, lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, I have still been eating grains and wheat in wraps or sprouted bread.  Despite my diet and my use of essential oils and supplements, I have still had some persistent health conditions:

  • Consistently acid system despite an alkaline diet
  • Stubborn belly roll that doesn't seem to want to give way
  • Digestive issues when certain foods are eaten
  • Digestive supplements recommended on my Zyto Compass scan every time
  • Trouble bringing my Thyroid all the way up to speed (lower temperature under left arm)
  • Sulfur deficiency signs (hair loss, ridged nails) despite taking Sulfurzyme
So, today I started my gluten, grain free diet for two weeks.  I already have eliminated dairy, most red meats and sugar.  I love my veggies, salads, smoothies, fruits, nuts, beans, seeds, fish, organic chicken and other whole foods.  I am very interested to see what happens to the symptoms listed and will keep you posted.

In the meantime, check out the Summit.  Thirty different experts in the field of science, nutrition and diet all in one place.  Thoughts on gluten sensitivity, gut health, GMOs, and more. The Amen diet, the Virgin diet, the Digestion Connection and other resources.  There is a special bonus day on November 18.  
Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.