Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

No Excuses!


I love this quote by Jim Rohn.  It has motivated me, challenged me and frustrated me.  How many times during my day do I settle for less than what I say I really want? 

Here’s an example.  I know that regular exercise would be good for me and I want to be in better shape. So why isn’t it happening?  Enter excuses:  It’s raining, it’s too cold, it’s too hot, I don’t have time right now, it’s still dark outside, I don’t have anyone to exercise with, I don’t have energy…

How many of us would like to be healthier, yet we put off until tomorrow making the changes that we know would be helpful?  We would like a cleaner house, more intimacy in our relationships, or to reach a certain goal in our job or business.  Yet we allow our fears, distractions and laziness to shift our focus and rob us of our determination.

Have you ever met someone who was so focused on a goal that they did not allow negative thoughts or the desires of others to deter them? Take for instance a parent whose child is suddenly found to be missing in a department store.  That parent will begin a frantic search for the child, enlist the help of others and remain focused until the child is safely returned. No 80% off rack of clothes or blue light special will distract them.   No kind, well meaning words, "Everything will be fine..." will diminish determination and urgency.

What are the goals that you believe to be important to you?  What distractions do you allow to get in the way of achieving these goals?  


Distractions can take the form of self-sabatoging thoughts, spending countless hours surfing the internet, checking Facebook, watching Netflix movies or sitcoms.  Instead of taking steps toward our goal, we put these actions off until “tomorrow”.  Of course, the present is the only place we can really make a difference.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. No more excuses for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.