Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

An Epiphany of Gratitude

Today many churches celebrate the feast of the Epiphany, or the visit of the three wise men to the Christ child in Bethlehem.  These three wise men, magi or kings, whoever they might have been, traveled a long way to show their gratitude and honor to this promised one. They had only a star to guide them. They brought gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, valuable gifts that cost them a pretty penny. 

There is a song that I love by the musical group Point of Grace that we sang for many years in our church choir on this day.  It is called "One King".  The refrain is:
One king held the frankincense. One king held the myrrh. One king held the purest gold. One King held the hope of the world.
On Christmas, we received an incredible gift, the realization that God loves us enough to come and be one of us. Today, we receive the challenge to love Him back, to give Him our gratitude and hearts, and to recognize in Him our hope for meaning and joy. 

As another song states, "What can I give Him poor as I am, if I were a shepherd I would bring him a lamb.  If I were a wiseman, I would do my part, but what can I give Him. I'll give Him my heart."

What gift would you like to give the Lord today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.