Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ionic Foot Detox

If you want to see something pretty gross, then try having an ionic foot detox. I had the benefit of having one today and have had several over the past two years. You can see the progression of my detox with the photos in this blog. I am intrigued by how the foot detoxes work and what benefits can be expected.  I did a bit of research, and, as with most natural remedies, there is some differing of opinions on the topic.

First, what is an ionic foot bath?  It is a 30 minute foot soak in negatively, positively or "mixed" (negative, then positive) charged water, resulting in the extraction of positive ions and toxins through the soles of the feet. It is said that different colors in the water indicate different toxins being eliminated by different organs or locations in the body. There can also be flecks and foam and these can be interpreted by practitioners to mean the presence of yeast, heavy metals or other toxic substances.

While there is still some controversy over exactly what the colors mean, and what is happening in the body, one article I read stated that the foot detox helps to create a more alkaline state in the body. I am presently out of pH strips so I could not test my pH before and after the ionic detox. I have been battling for some time to keep my body alkaline. Since disease begins in an acid system, keeping the body alkaline is very important. This might be one way to assist that.

My own experience was one of feeling tingling in various places around my body, especially in a few joints that had been giving me a little discomfort from time to time. I felt a bit lighter and clearer in thought when it was done. I understand this is nothing scientific, but isn't that really what happens with many of our healthy habits. We listen to our body and determine if we experience subtle changes and improvements. Most good habits do not produce overnight results, but small steps in a better direction.

In all of the controversy I read, no one seemed to be saying that an ionic
foot treatment would hurt you. Many people were defending it strongly and sharing some powerful testimonies. The couple who did my detox shared that a woman waiting for a liver transplant was able with these detoxes and changes in her diet to repair her liver and avoid a transplant.
The final result of my foot detox. Yuk!
I'd love to know if you have any personal experience with an ionic foot detox that you can share. If you share research, I'd love to know the actual source (scientific journal reference). There seems to be too much "he said, she said" and home grown theories out there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.