Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hummus Recipes

Healthy snacks can be quick, easy and delicious and my hummus recipes are exactly this. My blendtec blender with the Twister jar makes this process a breeze and in 10 minutes or less, I can have hummus on the table.

Be creative and experiment with your own variations and then share them below in the comment section.  I am always looking for some exciting options.


Red Pepper Hummus

15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 large clove garlic
1/2 sweet red pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
dash cayenne pepper

I put all the ingredients in my Twister Blendtec Jar and blend/twist for 2 minutes or until completely

blended. Other blenders, you will need to blend in small batches and stir often as it will get thick and may stick near the blades. I serve with fresh cut veggies, organic blue corn chips or rice crackers.

Variations:  

Garlic and Lemon Hummus- used 5 drops of Young Living Lemon oil, 1/2 tsp lemon peel and 2 cloves of garlic in place of pepper, cumin and cayenne.

Cilantro Hummus - add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro in place of red pepper. Add 3-4 drops of YL Lime oil.

Create your own variation with your favorite spices and flavorings.

1 comment:

  1. I love hummus with carrot sticks and sliced green peppers. How do other people eat hummus?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.