Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Use Your Winter Wisely

I am not going to lie. I am not a huge fan of cold, blustery, frigid winter days. That's what we had today. Sliding along snow covered roads at 10 mph in 5 degree temperatures, and shivering all the way.

Don't get me wrong. I am grateful that I have a warm house to hibernate in and my inconvenience is really minimal. All the same, it is a time of death, barren landscapes, lifeless trees, and little color.

I guess winter reminds me of a cemetery and death. It is a season of waiting. At this moment, there is no growth in sight. But spring always follows winter. Blossoms always follow barren. Growth always follows frozen. Activity always follows hibernation. Always!

So the question for me is, how can I use this time wisely to reflect, take inventory, slow down, reevaluate my purpose and mission, refuel and get ready.

God has great things in store for all of us. We may feel as if we are in a time of waiting, holding, wondering. We might even feel lifeless at times. But God has great things in store for each one of us, and resurrection always follows death. Always!

Will we be focused, energized and ready when the thaw comes? Will we be ready to blossom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.