Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Joy and Fervor from Pope Francis

I have been impressed by Pope Francis, his humility, wisdom and solidarity with the poor. I have been challenged by him and touched by his words.

"I make my own the words of Paul VI, which are as timely as if they had been written yesterday...
[M]ay the world of our time, which is searching, sometimes in anguish, sometimes with hope, be enabled to receive the Good News not from evangelizers who are dejected, discouraged, impatient or anxious, but from ministers of the Gospel whose lives glow with fervor, who have first received the joy of Christ, and who are willing to risk their lives so that the Kingdom of God may be proclaimed and the Church established in the midst of the world." May 17, 2013

Are we a people full of joy? Do our lives "glow with fervor"? That is quite a challenge.

Sometimes poor health or emotional wounds can prevent us from living a life that can be a witness and an inspiration to others.  Do other people look at my life and say, "I want whatever she has that brings her such joy and peace."?
I write this blog in the hopes that we can encourage one another to continue the journey toward better health, emotional freedom and a zeal for life that spills over onto others. We can each choose to take another healthy step, have a thankful heart, speak words of truth to ourselves, eat another raw vegetable (OK, just checking to see if you're paying attention), take time to meditate, pray and nourish our souls.

This can be a day of joy if I choose. This day I can "glow with fervor" if I remember that my life is a gift to be shared with others.

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.