Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Take Time to See the Snowflakes

This time of the year, it can be very easy to complain about the cold, become impatient with one another and simply forget to look for the beauty all around us. Yes, days are darker and we spend more time indoors, but that should not rob us of our joy and gratitude.

I was rushing out to an appointment and forgot to check the weather to see that it had frosted overnight.  I was already running a bit late and had not left enough time for defrosting the car. I was rushing and impatiently started my car and cranked on the heat. Then I noticed them. The perfectly formed, exquisitely shaped frost flakes all over my car windows. They were like little crystal gems. In my haste and impatience, I had almost missed them. I bowed my head and thanked God for this reminder that each day contains many miracles if we will slow down enough to notice them.

In the dreariness of winter, I delight in color, fragrance and beauty. Occasionally I will buy myself a bouquet of flowers just because they lift my spirits. Today, as I was again running through the living room to grab my coat, I noticed them. Opening perfectly and beautifully, like the day ahead of me. Sweet, soft and fragile. I bowed my head and thanked God for the people I would meet this day and the needs they might have. Could I remember to appreciate them and treat them with gentleness and awe?
So if days are darker, light a candle (or better yet, put a fire in the fireplace if you have one). If you are stuck indoors, start a puzzle with your family. If you miss the colors of spring, buy a bouquet of flowers for your table. Most importantly, remember to say your thanks for the gifts that are still around you. Take time to see the snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.