Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Gift of Encouragement

Have you ever been struggling with a difficult task, a frustrating situation or your own weakness in an area and someone came along and offered you a word of encouragement?

Encouragement is a powerful force.  A word of affirmation, a statement of belief in our abilities or success, or an understanding ear can propel us forward with greater confidence, courage and determination. Encouragement can change our lives.

Thessalonians 5:11 says, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up." We have the power and the responsibility to walk with one another and pull out the best in those around us. There is good in everyone, and infinite possibilities. Sometimes we just don't see this in ourselves. Sometimes we are very hard on ourselves and another person can bring compassion and mercy to us.

In my own life, there have been those who have looked past my weakness or failings and shared words of hope that have stuck with me.  One friend has been especially good at encouragement and has been a teacher of encouragement to me.  Her most famous line in my life has been, "We all do the best we can."  She would often say this when I was being too hard on myself or someone else.  It gave me patience with my failings and a determination to really give my best to whatever was at hand. It challenged me to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Who needs your encouragement today?  Who has God placed in your life for you to see the best in and give them a nudge forward? God knows (and He does) that this life can be difficult, dark and discouraging.  We can bring His hope, light and joy by something as simple as a smile, a gentle touch, a word of encouragement.

Why not give this a try today and share the results with all of us to Encourage Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.