Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Life Filled With Purpose

I love my job! I may have said this recently, but I am overwhelmed today with gratitude for the wonderful opportunity I have to share health and natural remedies with others. Today I shared essential oils with several people who had not really heard about essential oils before and were fascinated with our discussion and grateful for these remedies. I learned a few home remedies from an older couple who have used natural remedies since their childhood. I heard testimonies from those who have had remarkable results from using Young Living essential oils.

I love seeing someone's hope rekindled and an awakened realization that positive change is possible. I get so excited when I share wellness information and I see the "light bulb" go on and an insight take root. I am inspired when others share steps they have taken and how their life has improved because they put into practice some idea that they heard me share. To be a part of someone else's journey to a better life, this brings me such joy! I feel so alive and energized.

I would venture to say that all of us want a life filled with purpose, meaning and success. We want to know that we are making a difference in the lives of others. There is a dream, a desire, a passion that stirs deep within that seeks expression and fulfillment.

Do you believe that you have a purpose? Do you believe you can personally make a contribution to the life of others and to the world? I believe this for you. I don't think that God creates any extras in this drama of life. I believe we are all lead actors and actresses with a major contribution to make.

I have been reading several books by Og Mandino. They are short, inspirational books with a wealth of truth in them.  Here are a few quotes from some of his writings that challenge me to be all that I can be:
Success is not something that must be deserved or earned. It is more an inherent right—an inherent responsibility. The only qualification for success is that you be you, that you utilize whatever combination of talent you possess to the fullest extent possible.” 
 "Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” 
 Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward with the life that God intended for you.” 
 Very often we are our own worst enemy as we foolishly build stumbling blocks on the path that leads to success and happiness.”
Do you have a favorite quote that challenges you to live out your potential and purpose and make a difference in the world?

2 comments:

  1. you are an awesome example of thinking outside the box! how many people, (myself included, until recently, through YL conventions, people...) kept ourselves in the box we routinely called our lives? I am with you!
    Kathryn Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy. Thanks too for your support and for embracing Young Living and sharing it so it could be shared with me. I am very grateful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.