Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Little Humility Goes a Long Way

This week has been a bit humbling for me. It started off with a friend taking the time to share an insight with me about a way that I was responding to life that was not particularly fruitful. After the initial ouch, I tried to be open to what she had shared. I was amazed to see the door of revelation swing open and the realization dawn that some of these patterns of relating have been a part of my life for a very long time. 

Perhaps they started as ways to protect myself or to control my environment so I would feel safe. They no longer serve me in useful ways, so now begins the process of uprooting them like weeds in a garden, and replanting healthier behaviors that will one day bear the fruit of trust and joy.

The week continued with more growing pains as God lead me into new waters and onto new adventures. All throughout the week, despite pain and disappointment, God kept reminding me that He is my Father and He loves me and is always with me. He created me and, to Him, I am priceless. I can trust Him. He is faithful.

Driving down to NC and SC to visit my son for his birthday and my sister and her family, I was listening to a CD by Chris Tomlin. As his version of Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) began to play, I found myself weeping with gratitude. God has poured out His grace into my life, even at times when there is pain and humiliation, which can become humility if we let it. I can trust Him that He only gives love and so all things will work together for my good and the good of those I love.

All things will work for your good too!

Here are a few of the verses that touched me most:
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace 
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures
Do you have an experience of God's grace that you would like to share? Is there a song, scripture or quote that speaks to your heart?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that song. The verses speak to me of how I could be set free if I trusted more in my Lord and less myself. What a humbling way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.