Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

A God of Healing

Listening to Chris Tomlin, I was stopped dead in my tracks as I heard these words coming from my stereo speakers:

Be still, there is a healer

His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are a fortress for the weak

Let faith arise

Let faith arise

I lift my hands to believe again

You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever

I cried out to God for healing, for the grace to turn from food, which had become an idol for me, and God met me with His love, mercy and grace and led me on a new journey.

Three years later, and 45 pounds lighter, I am so grateful for the wisdom others have shared with me and for the light that has been shown on what I eat, the chemicals in my environment, the oils that heal, and the need to "Be Still" and let Him minister to me each day.  

Many people that I speak with are looking for a healer.  They are wondering why God does not seem to be healing them or answering their prayers.  This song reminds me, and I hope you, that God's love for each of us is unlimited. His mercy is unfailing.  He is faithful, forever.

Somewhere along the way, I think many of us have been side-tracked, misled and misinformed.  We just don't realize that what we are eating, breathing and putting on our bodies, can negatively affect our health.  

I feel a passion to share that God has healing for each of us and often that healing may come as we return to what He has provided for us in the Garden of Eden - healing foods, herbs, plants, relationships. I want people to know that God has not forgotten them.  "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."  John 10:10

I hope we can journey together to this fuller and healthier life.  I hope you will invite others to join us too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.