Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Simplify Your Life


Many of us are looking for ways to gain more time, reduce stress, and get more done, or at least keep up with demands placed on us by family, work or our own expectations.  Is there a way to  save time and energy while getting healthier?  I'd like to suggest that there is.  Shifting to a whole food diet will not only give your body what it needs to heal itself and detoxify from the negative influences all around us, but it can save you time and frustration.
I have discovered that since I've been eating foods "closer to the way that God made them", I save a lot of time shopping.  I travel down less aisles of the store (staying primarily in the produce and natural food sections), have fewer decisions to make and less packages to read. The shear number of choices in many aisles is staggering – cereal boxes, chips, crackers, salad dressings - fat free, reduced sodium, low sugar, and on and on.  I have found that my food budget does not have to be higher if I am not buying a lot of expensive processed foods, meats and "treats".

A favorite raw resource
While I did have to spend time learning new recipes and experimenting, once I got a dozen new recipes under my belt, food preparation was pretty quick.  I save time when I make a raw meal because there is little cleanup, few, if any, pots and pans and often our meal is ready to eat in 20 - 30 minutes.  Making a smoothie is quick and easy, and often I'll make a double batch and save half for the next day.  I often save time by making a double or triple batch of salad, veggies, fruit salad, or rice & beans.  I also find that the healthier I eat, the more I enjoy simple foods and the less I believe that every meal has to be complicated.  Honestly, I am eating foods I love.  My taste buds radically changed and I love the complex taste of fruits and vegetables.

In eating healthier, it has become simpler to shop for clothes (and more enjoyable); I work faster and more efficiently, and have greater clarity when making decisions.  I find that I need less sleep, so I have more daytime hours to work with.  These are just some of the ways that a healthier diet has saved me time and allowed me to enjoy simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.