Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ask And You Shall Receive

Yesterday, I spent the day at the Sewickley Harvest Festival sharing health and wellness options with so many delightful people.  By the end of the day, I was even more convinced that God wants each of us to know about His desire to heal us and help us experience a rich and healthy life.  Of course, there are times when He uses suffering in our lives to build character, to increase holiness and to teach us to surrender, but how many times do we suffer needlessly, both physically and emotionally, because we are making poor choices when it comes to what we eat, how we spend our time or how we handle conflict.  

Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.  Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

When was that last time you ask God to show you a way to improve the quality of your life and then really listened for an answer?  I believe God answered this prayer for me by sending me people who shared a whole food lifestyle and taught me about God's healing plants.  He also allowed me to find some great spiritual resources.  I am experiencing a level of joy and vitality that is such a gift to me.  

Would today be a good day to take a few moments to thank God for His love for you and to ask Him for what you need?  Remember, He is God so don't tell Him how to answer your prayer.  (So often I try to "coach" God and tell Him what I think He should do!).  Simply lay your needs before Him and then listen for an answer - through the Bible, a small whisper, a friend or circumstances.

May today be a day of light, hope and encouragement as you journey forward.  
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.