Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Food Matters DVD

When I want to be inspired to make better food choices or to remember why I want to treat my body is a more loving way, I watch one of the health related movies that I have purchased.  Just this simple act of watching a 60-90 minute documentary motivates me to keep journeying down the path toward better health and more positive choices.

Have you seen Food Matters?  I love the clear, concise way that nutrition is highlighted, the abuse of pharmaceuticals is challenged and research is sited. The makers of the movie have a website, www.foodmatters.tv where they share this sentiment:

"We here at Food Matters are committed to helping you help yourself. We believe that your body is worthy of good care and that no one is more suitably qualified to care for it than yourself."

I agree with this philosophy and encourage you to do something good for yourself today.  Choose an apple over a cupcake, drink more water, walk around the block.  Better yet, establish a new habit by taking a small step that you can consistently implement over the next four weeks.  

Just a reminder:  whole food, raw food, heals.  Fruits, vegetables, seeds, sprouts, nuts are powerful resources for the body.  Raw food is loaded with enzymes, vitamins, minerals and life!  I write this because from time to time I need to be reminded too.  During times of stress, I slip back into eating without thinking.  I grab a handful of pretzels or pieces of candy from the secretary's desk. I forget to plan my meals or shopping and then feel "stuck" at the end of the day and make poor choices.  I neglect to bring a healthy snack with me in the car so justify stopping to grab something that I know is not really helpful to my body.  

Yes, we will all die one day, but how many of us want to feel crummy, get cancer, have a heart attack, contract a disease or drag ourselves through life?  Today is a great day to make a good choice and establish a healthier habit.  Use the inspirational resources at your disposal: movies, articles, books, websites, hopefully my blog.  

I think today just might be a movie day...





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.