Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipes

Recently I gave a nutritional healing presentation at the Greentree Public library in Pittsburgh, PA.  One woman who attended the presentation went home and immediately started playing with green smoothies and making them for her family.  She would text me pictures of the smoothies and share her adventures of trying to eat healthier and introduce her family to healthier options.  While her children were not initially a fan of the smoothies, after about three weeks, they decided they would set up a green smoothie stand and, instead of lemonade, offer the neighbors green smoothies.  I was so impressed with her ingenuity in trying to share health and wellness with her neighbors.  Business was good and they've decided to set up the stand again and hand out a free recipe card with each purchase.  Way to go!


With that in mind, I offer you are few of my favorite recipes for green smoothies.  Have you ever tried a green smoothie?  If so, what is your favorite?  If not, try one of these and let me know what you think.  A high speed blender does make a huge difference in the consistency, but a regular blender will work to get you started.  Give it a try.  What do you have to lose? (Umm, weight, aches & pains, disease... you get the idea)


Susie's Pina Colada Smoothie

2 bananas, fresh or frozen
2 oranges, peeled
1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
2 cups greens (spinach)
2 cups water or coconut milk
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
Blend all until smooth.  Yummy, for 2!


Pear Smoothie
 4 ripe pears
 2 Tbsp raisins (can soak in water below for 5-10 minutes)
 1 Tbsp of organic blue agave nectar
1 small handful of mint leaves
 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 cups cold water (ice optional)
2 cups spinach
Blend until smooth.  Serves 2

1 comment:

  1. I like pear in my smoothies. I think I will make a pear smoothie today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.