Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, May 5, 2014

God's Glory Displayed in Tulips

This past Saturday was a crazy whirlwind day of moving and boxes and feeling disoriented. I know this is a normal experience for moving, yet the way the details of the move came together was a bit overwhelming. My plan to move was accelerated because a wonderful location became available sooner than expected.

I have felt God’s hand throughout the last few weeks in some rather miraculous ways, as He prepared me for this move, supplying the perfect place and surrounding me with family and friends to offer practical help and support. 

On Sunday, I felt the nudge to invite my parents to drive down to Olgelbay Park near Wheeling, WV to see if the tulips were still in bloom. The tulips usually bloom at the end of April or the beginning of May. I only hoped we had not missed them.

We arrived at the park, pulled into the parking lot and a sea of vibrant colors met out eyes. I was so excited. The tulips beds were full of bright yellow, orange, pink, and red flowers that were stunning.


The uniqueness of each tulip, the perfection of each leaf, was enough to cause my mother to say, “God done good!” And He had. 


I could feel the beauty of the moment filling my soul and I drank in the majesty and splendor of what God had created for our enjoyment.

Moments like this remind me that we are His creation too. He cares for us as He cares for the lilies of the field or the birds of the air. We have only to place ourselves into His care and allow Him to meet our needs and desires in gentleness and faithfulness. 



How has God cared for you in unexpected ways? Your sharing will bless us and our faith.

3 comments:

  1. The photos of the flowers are inspiring. It makes the saying "stop to smell the flowers" so meaningful. Sometimes in the midst of craziness it is best to take a sabbath break to let God refresh us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips have such sentimental value for me. We visited Holland quite a bit were they grow the millions and millions of tulips and we have a picture of my little brother (age 3) smelling one. When I had children we always seemed to have tulips in very place we lived so I would take a picture just like my brothers of each of them. Now this year, we had tulips surprise us (we hadn't had them the last 2 years) and I have a second generation of little ones to take pictures of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great story. Thanks for sharing. I bet those photos are priceless.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.