Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

God's Thoughts on the Body

Do you ever wonder if God really cares about our physical body? Isn't He more concerned about our soul. Isn't the body just the "container" for our spirit?

I have been growing in my appreciation of the miracle of the human body and how much my physical health affects my emotions, spiritual awareness, stamina, service, thoughts and energy. I have even begun to believe that when I deliberately do something that I know is not good for my body, that I am outside of God's blessing at that moment.

The Bible is full of references to the body being the "temple of the Holy Spirit", "fearfully, wonderfully made" and "knit in my mother's womb". Jesus thought the body was important enough that He healed many people while He walked the earth.

I am a more productive, capable and selfless member of the human race when I am not in pain, feeling lethargic and sick, and just struggling to get through the day. Can you imagine what the world would be like if those of us with the financial resources were to use our blessings to take better care of our health? We would be sick less, which would enable us to have more time and money to donate to those around the world who don't have the same blessings that we do. We could transform the world!

This blog post is not designed to make you feel guilt, but to encourage you to keep traveling down the road to better choices and healthier living. If you can look down the road to see the benefits, not just to yourself, but for others too, you might experience greater motivation to take the next good step. I believe that God will bless your effort.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I understand that there are some things that God has a plan for. Maybe we need to draw closer to Him so he allows us to wear ourselves down and experience pain so that we pay attention to Him but to make conscience health choices that are against what we know is best is to ask for trouble if not now then in the future. It's hard, then to ask for help when we know all along that it was our own fault.
    Thankfully, although it's no excuse not to do the right thing, our God is merciful and pities us and our human ways and does work healings but we suffer needlessly in the mean time. And so do our families.
    I've made it my goal not to ever have to visit a doctor. Maybe I should change that goal not to ever tempt God with my health choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that God knows we are human and frail at times. This is not an excuse, but truly the facts. We just get back up, say we need help and we're sorry, and keep going - just like our kids or grandkids. We can push ourselves a bit to not get lazy, but also be merciful when we are just having a hard time.
      Thanks for sharing, Cynthia.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.