Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Patriotic Fruit Salad Mixed With Gratitude

On this Memorial Day, I am feeling especially grateful to be an American and to have the freedoms that we do, to choose the work we do, the food we eat, the people we associate with and the opportunities that we have. I know that I can't begin to comprehend what it is like for millions of others to live without the things that I take for granted.

What I have is due in large part because of the sacrifices of others who have been willing to risk their lives for my freedoms. I just want to reflect on this today and to say thank you. Thank you to my dad who served in the Air Force, to my nephew, Robert, who is serving right now. Thank you to my future nephew-in-law who is starting his journey with the army, and for my high school age nephew who has decided to join the Ohio National Guard.

On this day of remembering those who have served our country, we proudly wave the red, white and blue and spend time with family and friends. In keeping with this theme, I thought I would share a simple, yet colorful way to join in the fun and still enjoy a simple, healthy treat.

Patriotic Fruit Salad
2 cups organic strawberries, raspberries, watermelon
1 cup organic blueberries, blackberries
1/2 cup organic, unsweetened flaked coconut
Mix together and enjoy this colorful treat.


What patriotic, healthy treats do you enjoy? Any suggestions or recipes you could share?

2 comments:

  1. I never thought to use coconut on fruit. It looks really good that way! We are eating our strawberries from the garden one at a time since they are sow coming in but they taste oh so yummy!
    Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Memorial Day! Your fresh strawberries sound so good. I am jealous.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.