Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ready, Reset, Go!

Over the past several months, I have been getting into some bad health habits. Through the winter, I got out of the habit of drinking green smoothies on a regular basis.  I have been sporadic with exercise, and my exceptions to how I really want to eat and feel keep accumulating. I find myself making excuses for poor choices and my motivation and enthusiasm for a vibrant life has been slipping.

I've decided that today is the best day to begin again. I want to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the local produce, and recommit myself to this journey to better health. I don't need to get down on myself for past choices, but take some time to rekindle my enthusiasm for a future filled with good things.

Here are the steps I am taking to get back in the game:

  1. Set aside time to refocus my vision and get in touch with my "Why". Why do I want to be
    healthier? When I know and reconnect to my reasons for wanting to be healthier, then I am more likely to follow through. I an excited to play with my grandchildren, enjoy outdoor activites like hiking, camping and canoeing, travel to new places, think clearly, wake up with energy and enthusiasm each day, do all that God has in mind for me to do to impact the world in a positive way.  
  2. Set a plan for when I will exercise, plan my meals, shop, listen to motivational talks or watch motivating & inspiring movies. Failing to plan is really planning to fail. I will succeed to the extent that I plan to succeed. Planning allows me to reduce stress too, as I know important activities will get done. 
  3. Find others to take this journey with me, those who will be willing to hold me accountable and share their own growth with me. Having companions on this journey to a vibrant life brings richness, new insights, greater resources and more fun to the adventure.
  4. Get going! I can spend enormous amounts of time getting ready, ready, ready, and never "fire". At some point in time, the rocket has to be launched for the adventure to begin. 
  5. Continue to learn. I know that I am fascinated and motivated as I learn more about the miracle of the human body, natural healing and interesting exercise activities. Collecting new recipes keeps me excited and adds a bit of flare to my menus. 
Have you gotten distracted from your journey to a healthier you? What will you do to refocus and set your course to where you really want to be?

2 comments:

  1. I love that spring and all its new growth and warmth inspires so many of us to reset and restart. I think June 1 should be the day we set resolutions instead of January 1. I have also resolved to drink daily smoothies and the walk at least 3 times a week. Let's check on each other for support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! I will join you in this and will love to offer one another support. Proud of you for going after good health.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.