Moving to a New Website

In order to better serve you and create a more interactive, robust forum for sharing thoughts, ideas, recipes, pictures, and videos, Journey to the Best in Me is moving to www.younglivingwithsusie.com. Please continue your health journey with us there and sign up to receive notice of new posts by email. Thank you for journeying with us.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How do you, well... poo?

There are some topics that just don't come up in conversation, unless maybe you are three years old. Yet, one such conversation could radically affect your health. So...here goes!

When it comes to our health, one of the most important systems in the body is our digestive system. This is the front line for absorbing nutrients, minerals, vitamins, fighting bacteria and viruses, and removing toxins from the body.

How many times has anyone, including your doctor, asked you what your stool looked like? This question could be key in the detective work of discovering the source of a health challenge. Of course, this assumes that you are approaching the body as though it has an innate, miraculous ability to heal itself.  If our bowels are functioning well, there is a good chance our body will have the materials it needs to build, grow, heal and remain vibrant.

Can you imagine being a carpenter who is rarely given good, solid pieces of wood to work with, but is given cheap press board, softer woods that grow quickly and have lots of sticky sap, and only a handful of inferior tools with which to do his work? You can imagine what the final results would inevitably look like, despite his best efforts and skill.

Did you know that healthy, human poop should be a long, smooth log, like a sausage or snake, that passes without strain or discomfort in about 1 minute? Did you know that optimally a bowel movement should occur shortly after every meal? "Three trains in, three trains out" is a common expression to describe this process. When this is not happening, our bowels struggle to absorb, detoxify and help keep our immune system strong.

Stacey Kimbrel has a great book, Living Balanced, that includes the seven common types of stool and information on colon cleanses, enzymes and much more related to this topic. It is a great resource for learning more about household toxins and natural solutions for a healthier body and environment.  Visit Stacey's website, www.livinganointed.com, to learn more and order the book.

This subject is close to my heart (well, not literally) because for the first 48 years of my life I lived in a perpetual state of constipation, whether mildly or more severely. I can remember being a child and in agony trying to eliminate. I don't understand why a doctor never asked me about this.

When I joined Young Living, even after drinking Green Smoothies every morning for breakfast for a year, I was still experiencing mild constipation. As I started to learn about the importance of enzymes, probiotics, and healthy eating through Gary Young and other Young Living leaders, the light bulb went on for me. What I learned made so much sense. I decided to try the Essentialzyme capsules and the
NingXia Red juice every day. Within two days, my trains were moving efficiently and regularly. I was shocked!  I wondered, "Is this how it is suppose to be?" For the first time in my life I was having a bowel movement three times a day, and I began to drop weight almost immediately that had been unwilling to budge for nine months. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, I lost another 10 pounds. Acid reflux was gone too.

So take an inventory, so to speak, of your "movements". Do you drink enough water, eat enough fiber, have enough enzymes, take a good probiotic? I am happy to help you with any products from Young Living and to answer your questions. You will be amazed how different you will feel when the digestive system is functioning well.

Anybody want to share on the topic? Hmmm...

4 comments:

  1. Wow Susie, you really opened up there. So glad you mentioned this. Its definitely something I never thought about and something a doctor rarely asks. I have never had trouble with my bm's but I've never checked out what my poo looks like either. Also, I know a few people who have had problems. I'll be passin on this information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not your typical dinner time conversation! LOL

      Delete
  2. This is great information! I've made paper copies of this article to use to introduce my customers to Essentialzymes-4. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it could be useful. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers and learn from you too. Thanks for taking the time to share.